These Blogs Are Awesome!

Monday, July 6, 2009

Welcome to Creve!

Why Creve! ? Because it was the only name that wasn't taken and it holds a special place in my heart as the best French word that I've ever used incorrectly and with such voracity.
You see, creve actually means to burst, but originally we were not sure of this and thought that it meant flat tire or crash based on a card game that my husband played as a child.
While in Paris this past week I adapted creve to mean everything from oh crap to awesome to cigarette and to be blocked by slow moving idiots at the metro.
Creve indeed!
And now on to the action. The next million or so entries are going to be a detailed account of our trip to Paris and Rome along with pictures and whatnot. After that, who knows. I may create a theme or two, I may just blog about what I ate, or I may share my photography fails with the whole world.
Speaking of, here is a preview. I took this picture from my balcony in Rome. It looks nice right?

Then you look at it and go, that's not right...
I had been messing around with the panoramic settings and took a left to right picture using the right to left setting.

And finally, here is a video to start us off. It's of a street performer trying to get people to give him money for being, er...blue...or something:


video

No comments:

Post a Comment