These Blogs Are Awesome!

Friday, August 28, 2009

Anniversary Part 2

Today was the day that I had planned on surprising the husband with an early anniversary celebration. As I mentioned previously, he beat me to the punch on that one, but I went ahead with my plan anyway.
I got up and went to work, as I usually do, but instead of my usual 8 to 5 I worked 8 to 11, which gave me most of the day to run around and gather the necessities for my plan.
Considering the theme of cotton, and considering that we have 3 dogs who often do not listen to the "off the bed" command, I felt that a new sheet set was in order. I strongly suggest Home Goods for all your bedding needs. Everything is so inexpensive and not "irregular" like Ross.
A few hours shopping and one delicious bagel later I headed home and set my trap. Here are the pictures, which tell the story better than I could:
This is about 2 yards of white cotton, tacked to my ceiling on one side, and gathered with a ribbon on the other. The ribbon is tied to a small hook with a simple bow. As you can see, one end of the ribbon hangs down...

This instruction card is attached to the ribbon at eye level. In the background you can see the Kitchen Aid mixer, Jason's gift to me. It makes six pounds of mashed potatoes. Six lbs! I can not wait to try that. Sorry, where was I? Oh yes, "Please pull ribbon." Why? Well...

Here is a view of what lurks up top. 800 cotton balls! Do you see where I am going with this?

Of course it wasn't just a plain white sheet, that would be boring. Of course, in hindsight, I should have written on it before hanging as to avoid the ransom note look.

Eight hundred cotton balls is not as much as I imagined it would be.

And in case you are wondering, I got Jason a manly gift from Lowes as well. (insert Tim Allen noises here).
AND...
Jason got me something else, it's a surprise, but I will definitely be blogging about it in the future. You will be jealous!

Oh yes, and thanks to Milo for finding this hysterically appropriate youtube video:


3 comments:

  1. You say "Off the bed". Dogs hear "Have a brief stretch during your bed-rest to reduce the likelihood of DVT and pressure sores."

    Wow. I think it's Maury who has the issues. What a sadist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha awww that's so cute! Happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete