These Blogs Are Awesome!

Friday, August 14, 2009

The Internet Is Still Useful

I'm going to take a break from travel for a moment to get back to the internet. In my previous posts I talked about how the internet helps me waste time. Truth be told, I was planning a semi-rant on how I feel that the internet has dumbed me down. But a completely random and spontaneous moment of silly googling I realized that the internet is still an educational tool.
While powering up the computer I invited our oldest dog, Penny, to sit on the couch with me, telling her that we could look at pictures of puppies. Yes, I talk to the dogs, and I dance with them and make up songs about how much the smell. Anyway...
I told Penny that we would look at puppies that look like her. Penny, you see, can not have puppies, and she was 2 years old when Jason rescued her so we do not know what she would have looked like as a puppy. Incidentally, Jason kind of hates when I do this because it makes him want more dogs. Which is, of course, part of why I do it, I'm mean and being mean via adorable puppies is the best kind of mean ever!
We've thought that Penny is a German shepherd/greyhound mix. She's got the pointy greyhound face but has the shepherd ears and longer hair. I've googled all of our dog's mixes before to see how accurate the assessments have been. Until today I had found a few greyhound/German shepherd mixes that look like penny, but no other white dogs. Today we happened upon the Swiss shepherd. Almost all of the pictures we found look just like Penny, save for some very minute details. Compare this set of images from Google search to the pictures of Penny on my post about her. Almost identical!


See, the internet is still good for finding random information that you didn't even know you were looking for!

1 comment:

  1. Awww I guess the breed mix with my kittens too. I agree Penny definitely looks part and parcel of a swiss shepherd!

    ReplyDelete