These Blogs Are Awesome!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Oddball Vacations: The List

In an effort to not spend too much more time on this silly trend, I'm going to list a slew of places that you should visit in list form.
For some reason inspiration hit me on the way home from work today and I have 3 separate and very different topics to blog about and I need to get to them before I forget about them.

Moving along, here is the list:

Walla Walla, WA: Do I have to explain? Is there a cooler name? Well, yes, keep reading.

Darwin, Minnesota or Cawker City, Kansas : Both lay claim to the World's Biggest Ball of Twine.

Sioux City, IA
: Rather, Sioux Gateway Airport, which has the 3 letter code SUX. Be sure to buy some SUX merch while you are there.

Oxford, NS: The Wild Blueberry Capital of Canada. Also home to this Blueberry Man statue that looks like the love child of Kool-Aid Man and a Smurf. Somewhere I have a picture of one of my friends sitting next to him but it hasn't been digitized yet.

Fukuoka, Japan: The only Airport code better than SUX is FUK

Iceland: It's good enough for Bjork! Ok, maybe it's not so weird, but Bjork is so Iceland makes the list.

And here's a bonus feature: Places you can't go (because they are fake):

Hogsmeade
Bedford Falls
Shermer, IL
Metropolis
Liberty City
Quahog
Smallville
The City Of Townsville
Duckberg
Hyrule


How many of these do you know?
Post your scores in the comments!
10 points each for a possible 100%

1 comment:

  1. I have actually been to Walla Walla, Darwin, and SUX...

    ReplyDelete