These Blogs Are Awesome!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

How Crafty

I just spent my evening rearranging my "office." I'm only about half done, I have a lot of crap. Which leads me to the point of this blog.
I've become one of those crazy craft ladies who can't pass up the clearance aisle of the craft stores without picking up something, no matter how unlikely I am to use it. Seriously, I've got tons of paper, fabric scraps, several types of glue, magnets, grommets, exacto knives and scissors aplenty, wire, string, you name it, I probably have it.
Unfortunately what I don't have is time, or very much talent. The one thing I have 100% no talent for is sewing, yet I insist on trying, and I end up with a tortured lump of cloth and thread.

Occasionally I do come up with a gem or two so to make myself feel better I'm posting pictures of my not quite fails.

I'm particularly proud of this purse, which is made out of a cardboard granola box, some vinyl and cotton fabric. The closure is magnetic:Of course, I tried to recreate this, thinking that it would make a great gift idea. Not so much. The next attempt turned into Franken-purse.

The only thing I really have a knack for is paper flowers. They take a while, but usually turn out pretty cute. I made these a long time ago for work. I thought I had a picture of the bouquet, but it must be on my phone. I'll post it if I can find it:




Thanks for putting up with my need to show off!

4 comments:

  1. I love your pretty paper flowers! If I could make them that well, I would have them everywhere in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Frankenpurse. I've seen far more monstrous things on Etsy for fifty bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I love those paper flowers! I'm sure they attract much less fruit flies than real boquets of flowers. I wish I had your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The purse is wonderful. The paper flowers are amazing, too, but I'm really into that purse.

    ReplyDelete