These Blogs Are Awesome!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mod Podge Is My New Best Friend

Okay I know the last post was Wednesday, but I still feel the need to apologize for staying away. I have a lot of blogs to catch up on as well. To everyone I follow, I haven't lost interest, I just can't comment using my phone's browser on some of your blogs.

Since rearranging the office I have been a crafting machine. I was able to bang out quite a few Christmas presents, pictures will follow after the holidays. I can show these, paper tea lights:So simple, and so pretty! All I did was cut some designs into small pieces of scrap cardstock, glue a piece of vellum to the back and wrap around a 1 1/2" piece of PVC pipe and glue. Once that dried I coated the whole thing in matte finish Mod Podge for strength and visual effect.
The tea lights are LED, Dollar Tree sells them 2 for $1.

I seriously do love Mod Podge and I love it even more when I have a 50% off coupon from Michaels.

Tis the season for it. It's rained all weekend and the temperature has finally dropped to a level in which humans can exist so I'm in a great mood and ready to create. My husband took his mother and godsons to a baseball game last night so I spent a frivolous few hours wandering about the local craft shops. I picked up some fabric and paper remnants. Remnants make me happy for some strange reason. Probably because they're never big enough to be daunting. I have an entire bolt of white broadcloth sitting in my office, that is daunting. Remnants mean little projects and little projects are great because they can be little failures, or big surprises. Either works for me.

In other new, London is out of the picture, but it looks like Jason and I will be exploring Belgium, France and the Netherlands by train in about 2 months. I am VERY excited and can not wait. My stomach rumbles just a little every time I think of Europe. Cheese, chocolate and beer. Perhaps this time I really DO need to try and lose 10 lbs before we go. If nothing else I do need to get walking. I don't want to have to spend a small fortune in bandages like we did on our last visit!

3 comments:

  1. What a pity London is out, I could have introduced you to some of our city's finest pigeons. Still, the mainland have better cheese and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh sounds like fun! I can't even make it to the grocery store let alone another continent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I do love pigies, I think the chocolate is calling my name. And half the time I can't make it to the grocery store either :)

    ReplyDelete