These Blogs Are Awesome!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Our Best Worst Anniversary Yet

Monday was Jason and I's 2nd wedding anniversary. You knew this of course, if you read my previous posts about our surprise celebrations for each other.
We decided that since Monday was a holiday that we would not work on the house and have a nice day off together doing fun things.
Jason woke up early and went out to get us coffee. When he came back, he set the coffee on the bedside table and woke me up. Now, there are two things to note here: I am not a morning person and I am blind as a bat. While groping the table for my glasses I knocked over the coffee which went all over the floor, the bed, the wall and the table.
This set the tone for the rest of the day.
We had planned to have a picture date. Normally, we would go into Dallas or Fort Worth or another large city center to do this, but Jason thought it might be fun to go out to the desolate country and snap some photos. We hopped in the car, drove for several hours and came to this conclusion: Desolation does not make good photo material. We saw nothing, but not enough nothing for fantastic picture taking.
We went back home and did a few things around the house and then went out to dinner. Jason made reservations for an Italian restaurant here in town. We dressed up pretty and went out.
It was terrible.
Now, I understand that because both of us are Italian, he grew up in Chicago, me in New York, we both had grandmothers who cooked very well, we're both good cooks and we've been to Italy and had "real" Italian food, that we might be just a little biased.
But there was no justifying this. An Irish Mexican with 3 working tastebuds and a TV Dinner fetish would have said this was awful.
After dinner I suggested trying to find a copy of the final season of Battlestar Galactica since the local Blockbuster does not have it in stock. I found it at Best Buy for $45. I could not justify spending that kind of money on something we would watch once. So we went home.
All in all it was a total failure, but considering we had already got the sweet and funny celebrations and gift giving out of the way, neither one of us minded, we know there will be many, many more :)

3 comments:

  1. Beats my second anniversary...I wasn't even in the same country as my husband for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your dinner was so bad. I'm Scottish, and I am picky about my Italian food. (I don’t know how much my husband paid for Battlestar Galactica, but I bet it was too much. He had to have it when it was new, but he has watched it more than once.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! Sometimes it's the rediculously bad expriences that make the best memories!

    ReplyDelete