These Blogs Are Awesome!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Too Damned Busy!

As you can see, I've had little time to write lately. And I apologize to those of you whose blogs I follow. I am reading, but usually on my breaks at work, through my phone, so I have no comment ability. I promise to give you all some love soon!
We've been full steam ahead on the house renovations, I've been making nifty boxes for Christmas presents, work has been insane and I am likely diabetic, but that's okay because I've lost six lbs in two weeks by cutting out the carbs AND Lindt makes a 90% cocoa chocolate bar that only has 3 grams of sugar per serving.
On top of that I'm gearing up for our trip to Europe which is only a month away and I am so very not prepared. I know, poor me, right? I should explain that I am not a rich jetsetter. Earlier this year I randomly won 4 free tickets to Europe in a Northwest promotion and I wasn't going to waste any of them. The trip in June was my first trip off the continent ever, this will be my second and unless some more free tickets fall in my lap, I think it will be a long time before trip number three happens.
So here is your mission, dear readers, should you choose to accept it:
Give me a scavenger hunt for my trip! Think of something crazy and random for me to photograph and I will do my very best to find it and post the results here when I return. We are going to be based in Brussles and plan to visit Bruges, Lille, Calais, Paris and Amsterdam. And no, I have no plans to photograph hash bars or prostitutes in Amsterdam.
Be creative!
Now I'm off to catch up on your awesome blogs!

8 comments:

  1. How totally exciting!
    Well, for sure I suggest that you try some cheeses that are banned from the US.

    Androuet is a huge cheese shop with a tasting room upstairs. According to my book, its at 41 Rue d'Amsterdam in Paris.

    More later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about your trip for you, I just packed! Congrats. Um, I'll try to come up with something to photo later but in the meantime all I can come up with is brussle sprouts in Brussles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow that sounds so exciting and fun! my friend can brag about being in the red light district in every continent...but that may be an awkward scavenger hunt lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, the only place I visited in that region was the Somme. Which isn't really holiday material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need a photo of yourself eating French fries in France. You also need a picture of yourself clutching your ear in pain outside the Vincent van Gogh musuem in Amsterdam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant suggestions so far!
    bodoba-I'm curious about Antarctica's red light district! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should photograph yourself, stoned, backwards on a horse, pulling a wagon of canabis, while wearing an I Love My Mom t-shirt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to see the locals giving you and obscene gesture in each country you visit. I do not actually want the locals to greet you with anything but warmth. I just want photos of them giving you the business.

    OH! Here's an idea. A variation on the traveling gnome. Bring some small memento of yours and have photos of locals holding it for you.

    ReplyDelete