These Blogs Are Awesome!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Warning; Scattered Thoughts Ahead

We're supposed to get ice tonight.
This is Texas. This is not supposed to happen!
Okay, who am I kidding, we've had at least one ice and snow day a year since I moved here from the land of the ice and snow. Ugh, did I really just quote Led Zepplin? Did I really just do it on purpose? And while listening to Blue Oyster Cult, on purpose.

I'm slightly out of sorts.

Seriously.

I had a week off of work and it turned me into the laziest person on the planet. I was supposed to finish all of my Christmas presents and I'm not even half done.

I did make this amazing little wonky tree out of dowels, pvc pipe and leftover holes from a hole saw cut:
We've decorated it, but I haven't taken a picture yet. It's about 4 feet tall with the 'star.' It's very Charlie Brown Christmas.

So I've moved on from Blue Oyster Cult to Pink Floyd, a much better choice. My favorite band of all time, actually. Though perhaps I shouldn't be listening to "The Wall" as I've been having very vivid nightmares lately.
Listening to music is distracting. I'm not the kind of person who can do two things at once. But I felt that 2 weeks was too long to go without a post, and at the same time I really need to go through this pile of terribly old and scratched compact discs to see what can be salvaged.
There's also a pile of materials on the table next to me just begging to be turned into something worthwhile.

In completely unrelated news; Saturday I am going to learn to fly.

No, I'm not going to take a bunch of LSD and jump off a building.

I am actually going to learn about and possibly fly a light body aircraft.

This was the other anniversary gift that Jason gave me and I am just now getting around to/getting the courage to actually take the class. It's something that I've always thought that I wanted to do. Well, always at least ever since I got over my crippling fear of flying that I had until my early 20s.
Jason is going to take pictures from the relative safety of the ground. I'll post them here. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. #1 - I Looooove your tree!
    #2 - Very jealous of your flying expedition!
    #3 - Pink Floyd is amazing - but I wouldn't recommend listening whilst flying the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was very stream of consciousness. Nice.

    I received the rat and dart board! That rat is so freakin' awesome. Little z said, "A rat!" which I know doesn't sound so impressive, but what's really cool is that we now have a dollhouse with a rat infestation. And a dart board. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cellar Door: Glad I could be of service ;)
    And it was more like stream of unconsciousness.

    ReplyDelete