These Blogs Are Awesome!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Reason My Mom Won't Visit Texas

This little guy was hanging out in the bushes right at the top of the fence the other day:




Personally, I think he's cute, but I know some people have fears of snakes. I have a rational fear of poisonous snakes and the large ones that could swallow me whole, but this guy's alright. He was just hanging out, minding his own business until the paparazzi (that would be me) showed up.
Just a sign that spring is here, which is nice, considering our first day of spring brought snow. SNOW!!! In TEXAS!!!
Ahem...
Yes, spring. My second favorite season after autumn. A time when neither the heater nor the air conditioning needs to be on. A time when long sleeves are still appropriate, but jackets are not needed. I can walk the neighborhood without freezing or getting sunburn.
Of course I love spring rain storms, despite the fact that it means muddy paw prints everywhere.
So Mr. Snake, you are welcome to sit on my fence when ever you want, just mind the dogs, They think you have a delicious flavor.
Toads and mosquitoes, however, please find somewhere else to congregate, you give me the willies.

1 comment:

  1. Your MaMa PatriciaMarch 26, 2010 at 10:47 AM

    You are darn right about that sister. Those snakes give me the heart attack blues. Not to mention 3 big overly friendly dogs.
    we will have to visit at the Alamo!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete