These Blogs Are Awesome!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Back From Yet Another Hiatus

In case you haven't figured it out, April was a pretty busy month for me. I would have loved to told the world about it, but frankly I had neither the time nor the space to do so. You see, part of what made April such a busy month is that we had a contractor come in and completely re-do the front of the house, which included knocking down a few walls, which meant we had to move out of both the living room and Jason's office, which meant my office is buried under the bedroom and a marimba. That made sense, right?
I didn't think so. Anyway, all that matters is that we have a shiny new house with insulated walls. Here's a picture:


The front porch is brand new. I don't have any pictures of what it used to look like, but trust me, this is an improvement. Here's a picture of one of the back windows that has yet to be replaced:

I'm pretty sure that's lead based paint flaking off there.
We're also close to finishing the main bathroom, and when the foundation gets repaired (again!) we'll have a nice new bedroom with a walk-in closet. Yay me!

I also started a new job on the third of May, which meant that April was ridiculously busy at my last job since I had to figure out exactly what it was I did and train others to do it. The new job makes me happy. I'm out of travel, and I took a pretty big cut in pay, but I no longer have to drive 35 miles each way. I'm 10 minutes from work, which gives me three extra hours each day to do what ever I want, or at least it will, once the house is finished.

And finally, I had my last A1C in April and I am at a 6.2 with a triglyceride count of 118, which is pretty awesome considering that when I was diagnosed in October I had an A1C of 10 and a triglyceride count of over 400. I've lost close to 40 pounds and I have just 10 more to go before I'm "normal." I do admit, I've been slacking a bit this week, but I'm on a schedule now. I will get there and I will stay there, dammit!

Finally, I apologize for not keeping up with everyone's blogs, this too will change. I miss you guys. 

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! (You have a marimba?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your MaMa PatriciaMay 15, 2010 at 2:32 PM

    I was getting tired of clicking on your blog and seeing the toilet paper. I love you.
    from your mama,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your triglyceride triumph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! And to echo Fanboy Wife...a marimba? Very cool. Congrats on all the changes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you have a marimba! My dad plays the marimba. What a beautiful instrument.

    And congratulations on your weight loss! Please tell us how to do it, when you get the time.

    ReplyDelete