These Blogs Are Awesome!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cheapskate Splurges

I'm that person who signs up for every membership card or rewards program, no matter how likely I am to ever set foot in a store again. I like discounts. I like free stuff even more. I got my newest pair of running shoes for $3 using a combination of clearance rack, credit card rewards, and a birthday discount coupon.
Today I used my $10 off reward from World Market. I only had one thing in mind that I wanted and it was $2.50, so I spent a good 45 minutes scouring the store for odds and ends that I could use. Below is the result:
Silicone mini-muffin molds, a teeny grater, 4 chocolates and stuffy crackers. I also got a pack of spinach gnocchi, but it threw off the feng shui of the photo.
My mother's birthday card can be seen in the background. She included some pictures to remind me that I didn't always have fabulous fashion sense. She emailed one of the photos to me, which I have included below, after adding a bit of artistic MS Paint high tech computer enhancements for the sake of decency:
For a kid in the tub, I'm having a pretty good hair day. That all changed around third grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment